Saturday, March 17, 2012

go.

Go. That's the magic word. It's the one word that nobody else is allowed to say during the run of the show.

It's my word.

I've finally started calling cues. Essentially, I tell the light and sound guys when to do the lights and sound. My first time was on Wednesday. I was terrified. But it went surprisingly well. I got pointers from Director and Lights, and I welcomed everything they had to say. Thursday went great. It also helps that I have two board ops who know what their doing because, truth be told, I don't have a fucking clue.

But I like to think that all this means that I'm on my way to something. Just something. I hadn't set foot in a theatre for so long, and this just feels...right. Solid. Even though theatre is everchanging, it all feels consistent. The inconsistency is consistent.

I think Director has been telling everybody about me. Not to sound arrogant, or like I talk I myself up all the time. If anything, when it comes to something I could possibly be good at, I generally sell myself short. Anyway, I've 2 offers to be an SM. One is for Director's wife, the other is for someone at CPH. Wife's play is 10 minutes farther away; gas is past $3.50. CPH is far enough to be honest. And I know CPH, but Wife's play, Extremities, seems so good. I don't even know what the other one is. Or maybe I shouldn't do either and should just find a paying job.

We'll see.

Standby Publish.....and.......GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment