Monday, August 27, 2012

busy b

Today is the first day of school!

I am currently sitting at Moody Towers listening to the sudden rush of hungry students. I already had something to eat, but there's a sandwich that looks very good.
My next class doesn't start until 1 pm, so I have plenty of time to kill, hence the forthcoming blog post.

How college student-y of me.

My first class was ENGL Intro to Drama. I'm pretty sure I don't need it, but I needed to be a full time student. My 1:00 class is HIST...something. I totally forgot. Something about the American West I think?
On top of my all day school schedule (which I hate by the way), I have to work. And it's not just one job, there's also the show I'm working on: Superior Donuts. Sunday through Thursday night. Work on the weekend mornings. School Monday through Friday.

I've already had one mental breakdown. I mean I lost it. Tears, the whole thing. Well see how long I last I guess.

I am debating whether or not to leave my stuff here and getting that sandwich, or take it with me and risk losing my seat. Because there are a lot of people here. I should have just gone to Chick-fil-A. Or Taco Bell.

I'm also wondering if you need an ID to get into Cougar Village since my next class is in there. And guess who never got an ID?

Back to my schedule. I checked for all professors on ratemyprofessor. One wasn't on there, but so far so good, because the first one was pretty cool. The next one has a good rating also. Tomorrow's first prof was the one with nothing, and the one after her, also a good rating.

So, that's school so far. On to...the show.

So many rehearsals, and so little time. If anything we have a bad ass set. (badass...bad ass?) And Director did it once again with the sound. But the lines! They just don't seem to know their lines. They have to know their lines. It can't be stressed enough. It'll hold us back technically if they can't pull it together. And there's so much I have to do with it.

Things That Need to be Done
-Props list
-Scene breakdown for donuts and coffee
-Stuff that has to go in to fridge 
-Scene breakdown of when coats are taken on/off by each cast member and where said coats are placed and end up

That last one was a long one. 

I think I'm going to go get that sandwich.

*Update: The sandwich was good. It was a grilled ham and cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment